Join NIA as a Training Officer!
NIA’s Office of Strategic and Extramural Programs (OSEP) in the Division of Extramural Activities offers a fast-paced, collegial work environment in support of NIA cross-cutting programs including NIA’s training, career development, fellowship, and small business funding programs. OSEP coordinates these programs across the institute which includes the establishment of new funding opportunities, the coordination and management of existing funding opportunities, and the implementation of new initiatives to facilitate the success of its applicants and awardees.
Role and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead the development & implementation of all new materials to assist career development applicants, including blog posts, websites, and webinars.
- Deliver presentations and webinars to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct portfolio analyses and identify gaps and areas for new initiatives within NIA’s training and career development programs.
- Generate and develop notices of funding opportunities, program initiatives, and relevant policies.
- Serve on NIH-wide committees related to training and career development.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A relevant health-related doctoral degree (e.g., MD, PhD, DSc)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, including strong skills in developing presentations virtually and in-person (some travel expected)
- Working knowledge of NIH funding mechanisms and grants management
- Ability to work independently, as a team player, and on a number of concurrent projects
- Passion for supporting early career researchers
How to apply?
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV/resume and Letter of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2023.