NIA ADEAR Resources: A Guide for ADRCs
Clinical Research Resources
Whether you're referring people to clinical trials or looking for resources to help with recruitment, NIA has you covered. Take a look at these online tools and information:
Search for communication materials, toolkits and guides, recruitment plans, videos, websites, social media, and research articles from ADRCs and others to help you recruit and retain participants in clinical research.
See 100+ trials and studies in a searchable database, tailored for people looking for research opportunities related to Alzheimer's, other dementias, mild cognitive impairment, and caregiving.
Offer participants a booklet that explains the basics of clinical trials and answers common questions.
Read a consumer-friendly fact sheet about neuroimaging, fluid, and other biomarkers used in research settings and clinical practice.
Share helpful FAQs with potential donors, and get tips on discussing brain donation with them.
Health Information and Outreach
Looking for well-written, evidence-based resources for your patients, research participants, and community partners? For outreach events or your website? To share on social media? NIA has a bounty of web articles, videos, and other information geared to consumers, including Spanish speakers and those with limited English literacy. All web content is accessible by people with disabilities and can be used for free in your materials.
Online Health Information
On NIA's website you can find information on:
- Alzheimer's Disease & Related Dementias
- Legal and Financial Planning
- End of Life
- Information on Aging Health Topics
- Information in Spanish
Get free Alzheimer's and dementia clinical practice tools, training materials, and more on our web page for health professionals.
Order publications in bulk by calling 1-800-438-4380 or visiting the NIA ordering website. Quantities may be limited depending on inventory.
Print publications include:
- Alzheimer's Disease Fact Sheet
- Understanding Memory Loss
- Understanding Alzheimer's Disease
- Understanding Alzheimer's Genes
- Caring for a Person with Alzheimer's Disease
- Frontotemporal Disorders
- Lewy Body Dementia
Share NIA infographics about healthy aging on your social media and website:
- If a Family Member Has Alzheimer's Disease, Will I Have It, Too?
- Is Clinical Research Right for Me?
- Forgetfulness: Normal or Not?
- And many more!
Share these videos to engage and educate your audiences. Visit NIA's YouTube channel for more:
- How Alzheimer's Changes the Brain—a medical animation of Alzheimer's pathology
Blog: Inside NIA
Get weekly updates on NIA funding policies and research priorities from Dr. Richard Hodes. Dr. Robin Barr, and other NIA research leaders.
Follow the ADEAR Center on Twitter: @Alzheimers_NIH
Like NIA on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NIHAging/
- Alzheimer's News & Announcements
- NIA Funding Opportunity Announcements
- Alzheimer's Clinical Trials
- Alzheimer's Recruitment Resources