ADRD Specific Milestone
Leverage ongoing initiatives on the science of inclusion to facilitate community engagement, understanding, recruitment, and long-term retention of populations experiencing AD/ADRD health disparities.
- Support research to develop new community-based strategies (e.g., specific language and outreach mechanisms/venues) to recruit, retain, and engage study participants from diverse populations, based the way each population understands and recognizes AD/ADRD.
- Develop, disseminate and implement a national strategy for AD/ADRD clinical research to increase engagement and retention of diverse AD/ADRD patients and caregivers in clinical research. Refine this strategy on an iterative basis to reflect emerging best practices in participant engagement.
- Track subject recruitment in clinical trials by gender, race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, geographic region, and other key features that inform the understanding of health disparities and outcomes across diverse populations.
- Research Implementation Area
- AD Related Dementias - Specific
- In Progress
Research Programs and Resources
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias Clinical Studies Recruitment Planning Guide (PDF, 4.64M)
- ADORE: Alzheimer’s and Dementia Outreach, Recruitment and Engagement Resources
- National Strategy for Recruitment and Participation in Alzheimer's and Related Dementias Clinical Research