Create synergies between federally funded programs such as PCORI and CTSAs to make community involvement less expensive, and to learn from the various experiments of community engagement.
- Convene an advisory meeting with representatives from relevant federally funded programs to develop strategies for enhancing community involvement in dementia research on the national level.
- Research Implementation Area
- Recruitment and Citizen Engagement
- In Progress
- RFA-AG-18-002: Alzheimer’s-Related Resource Centers for Minority Aging Research (AD-RCMAR) (P30)
- RFA-AG-19-009: NIA AD/ADRD Health Care Systems Research Collaboratory (U54)
Research Programs and Resources
- Alzheimer’s-Related Resource Centers for Minority Aging Research (AD-RCMAR)
- Recruiting Older Adults into Research (ROAR) Toolkit (Collaboration with CDC and ACL that connects to ResearchMatch, a CTSA Program)
- Webinar series with NIA, ACL, and CDC to increase community awareness of research opportunities