Recruitment: Electronic consent pilot (Milestone 12.E)
Pilot the use of electronic consent which provides participants an option for broad sharing of de-identified data in various types of clinical research on AD and AD-related dementias.
Launch at least three clinical research studies with electronic consenting methods that give participants the option for broad sharing of de-identified data.
Summary of Key Accomplishments
Milestone goals are supported by two projects funded through the “Inclusion of Mobile/E-consent for AD research” initiative. The projects brought together clinical researchers from two NIA-supported AD Research Centers and a team of data scientists and participant engagement experts. This cross-disciplinary team developed an electronic consent process aimed at removing some of the key barriers to participants recruitment into clinical research for AD/ADRD.
The key accomplishments summary is current as of March 2022.
- Research Implementation Area
- Recruitment and Citizen Engagement
- In Progress
- PA-16-259: Inclusion of Mobile/e-Consents for Alzheimer's Disease Research (Admin Supp)
- PAR-18-749: Examining Diversity, Recruitment and Retention in Aging Research (R24)
Research Programs and Resources
- Participant-Centered Design for ADRC Informed Consent
- Emory Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center: Informed Consent Toolkit
- National Strategy for Recruitment and Participation in Alzheimer's and Related Dementias Clinical Research