Initiate interdisciplinary research programs that integrate clinical, genomic and mechanistic research including cutting edge systems biology approaches to gain an in depth understanding of the mechanisms by which various non-pharmacological interventions impact brain health and the course of AD and AD-related dementias.
- Identification of at least 3 new therapeutic targets for neuroprotection based on knowledge of mechanisms mediating the impact of non-pharmacological interventions of brain health in aging, AD and AD-related dementias.
- Preclinical proof-of-concept for at least 3 types of non-pharmacological interventions that can inform clinical trial design.
- Research Implementation Area
- Drug Development - Novel Targets
- In Progress
- RFA-AT-19-001: Promoting Research on Music and Health: Phased Innovation Award for Music Interventions (R61/R33)
- RFA-NS-19-008: Promoting Research on Music and Health: Fundamentals and Applications (R01)
- RFA-NS-19-009: Promoting Research on Music and Health: Fundamentals and Applications (R21)