Initiate Phase III drug trials for agents against at least 3 novel therapeutic targets. These trials will incorporate a combination of biomarkers (fluid and imaging) and cognitive measures as outcomes and include the collection of DNA and other bio-samples for the interrogation of responsiveness.
- Comprehensive success/failure analysis of data from at least 3 phase III trials.
- Research Implementation Area
- Drug Development - Novel Targets
- To Be Initiated
- PAR-18-878: Late Stage Clinical Trials for the Spectrum of Alzheimer's Disease and Age-related Cognitive Decline (R01)
- PAR-18-513: Alzheimer's Clinical Trials Consortium (ACTC) Clinical Trials (R01)
Research Programs and Resources
- NIA Ongoing Alzheimer’s and Related Clinical Trials and Studies
- A Phase 3 Pivotal Trial of AGB101 to Slow Progression in MCI due to Alzheimer’s Disease: HOPE4MCI Trial
- Metformin in Alzheimer's dementia Prevention (MAP)