Identify, characterize, and complete early validation for at least 6 novel therapeutic targets for AD and AD-related dementias (a minimum of 3 targets for pre-symptomatic and early stage disease and a minimum of 3 for advanced disease). These efforts should include therapeutic targets for the neuropsychiatric and behavioral disturbances in AD and ADRDs.
- Validation based on availability of the following for each novel target: a systems-level understanding of the gene, protein and metabolic networks within which they operate, one or more cell based/animal models that are freely available to the research community, a quantitative assessment of the integrative response to the modulation of the target in one or more model organisms, and identification of pharmacodynamic biomarker(s) for target engagement.
- Research Implementation Area
- Drug Development - Novel Targets
- RFA AG 13-013: Interdisciplinary Approach to Identification and Validation of Novel Therapeutic Targets for Alzheimer's Disease (R01)
- PAR-18-596: Research on Current Topics in Alzheimer's Disease and Its Related Dementias (R01)
- NOT-AG-18-001 (#9): Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Alzheimer's Disease (NPS-AD)
- RFA-MH-19-510: Novel Mechanism Research on Neuropsychiatric Symptoms (NPS) in Alzheimer's Dementia (R01)
- RFA MH-19-511: Novel Mechanism Research on Neuropsychiatric Symptoms (NPS) in Alzheimer's Dementia (R21)
- RFA-AG-18-014 Limited Competition: Data Coordinating Center for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership Target Discovery and Preclinical Validation Consortium AMP AD DCC (U24- Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- RFA-AG-18-013 Continuation of the AMP AD Target Discovery and Preclinical Validation Consortium (U01 Clinical Trial Optional)
Research Programs and Resources
- AMP AD Target Discovery and Preclinical Validation Project
- Agora: AMP AD’s Web-based Interactive Platform
- AMP AD 2.0 Foundational Grants
- Psych-AD Program