Translational Capabilities: Open drug development (Milestone 4.W)
Enable open drug development to generate innovative new medicines that are priced fairly for all.
- Establish a publicly-funded program that enables drug development to be carried out entirely in the public domain.
- Allow for longer regulatory data protection for approved drugs that would require:
- Sharing of all data including negative ones, as well as materials and tools;
- No patents that would prevent anyone else manufacturing and selling the product;
- Reasonable price cap.
Summary of Key Accomplishments
This milestone has yet to be initiated. Accomplishments are forthcoming.
This information is current as of July 2022.
- Research Implementation Area
- Translational Tools, Infrastructure, and Capabilities
- To Be Initiated