Data Sharing: Computational infrastructure (Milestone 3.F)
Democratize the use of large scale molecular and clinical data by building computational infrastructure for sustainable data storage and processing that will be accessible to researchers world-wide. This should include support for web-based tools and interfaces to allow data mining and analyses of summary results.
- Establish and maintain cloud-based resources for data storage, sharing and compute enable reproducible computational analysis and support cloud-based compute costs such that researchers are not limited by their access to local compute services.
Summary of Key Accomplishments
The NIA Genetics of Alzheimer's Disease Data Storage Site (NIAGADS) is a national cloud-based repository that facilitates researchers’ access to genetic/genomic data for the study of late-onset AD. Through NIA’s harmonization funding initiative, NIAGADS data resources will be enriched with harmonized clinical data from participants with available genetic data. The NIA-supported AD Knowledge Portal is a cloud-enabled repository of multi-omic data from human and animal model biosamples enabling research on AD/ADRD aging and exceptional longevity; the Portal is also democratizing the use of large-scale data by providing cloud-based computing space.
This information is current as of July 2022.
- Research Implementation Area
- Data Sharing and Reproducibility
- PAR-16-047 (reissued as PAR-20-110): National Institute on Aging Genetics of Alzheimer's Disease Data Storage Site (U24)
- RFA-AG-18-014: Limited Competition: Data Coordinating Center for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership Target Discovery and Preclinical Validation Consortium AMP AD DCC (U24- Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- PAR-19-288: Limited Competition: NIA Genome Center for Alzheimer's Disease (GCAD) (U54 Clinical Trial Not Allowed) (Reissue of RFA-AG-16-001)
- RFA-NS-20-007: Data Harmonization, Curation and Secondary Analysis of Existing Clinical Datasets
- PAR-20-089: Biomedical Data Repository (U24)
- PAR-20-097: Biomedical Knowledgebase (U24)
- NOT-OD-21-011: Notice of NIH Participation in Smart Health and Biomedical Research in the Era of Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Data Science
Research Programs and Resources
- AD Knowledge Portal
- NIA Genetics of Alzheimer’s Disease Data Storage Site (NIAGADS)
- Genome Center for Alzheimer’s Disease
- Laboratory of Neuro Imaging (LONI)
- National Alzheimer’s Coordinating Center (NACC)
- Standardized Centralized Alzheimer’s & Related Dementias Neuroimaging (SCAN)
- NIH Science and Technology Research Infrastructure for Discovery, Experimentation, and Sustainability (STRIDES) Initiative
- Accelerating Medicines Partnership: Parkinson's Disease