Community Engagement: Facilitate NIH-NGO interactions on ADRD (Milestone 14.K)
Timeline Start - End2016 - 2025
Research Implementation AreaPublic Private Partnerships
AD-Related Dementias Focus
Establish more effective communication between NIH and NGOs on activities and progress toward ADRD goals in the off-years between triennial ADRD Research Summits.
- Publicly post all ADRD Summit 2016 milestones and success criteria.
- NINDS to present annually to NAPA Council on progress toward the ADRD goals/milestones.
- Convene annual meetings during which NINDS, NIA and NGOs share activities, funding-related information, and progress relevant to the ADRD recommendations.
Summary of Key Accomplishments
NINDS participates in NAPA Council meetings with representation on the Research Subcommittee and has presented progress reports at the NAPA Council several times since 2017. ADRD Summit milestones and success criteria are publicly posted on the HHS ASPE NAPA Council website. Each year the NINDS either hosts a triennial ADRD Summit or, during non-ADRD Summit years, convenes meetings during which NINDS, NIA and ADRD-relevant non-government organizations share activities, funding-related information, and progress relevant to the ADRD milestones.
The key accomplishments summary is current as of July 2022.
Research Programs and Resources
- NAPA - NINDS Update: National Plan to Address Alzheimer's Disease ADRD Milestones 2/2017
- NAPA - NINDS Update: National Plan to Address Alzheimer's Disease ADRD Milestones 10/2018
- NAPA - NINDS UPDATE: NATIONAL PLAN TO ADDRESS ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE ADRD MILESTONES 1/2020
- NIH ADRD Roundtable Meetings, June 2017 and June 2018
- 2016 ADRD Summit: Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) Focus Area 1: Catalyzing Research through Unique Programs and Partnerships, Recommendation 1