ADRD Specific Milestone
Neuropathologic characterization of LBD and use of LBD pathology cohorts.
Evaluate existing LBD post-mortem clinical data and tissue resources, as well as existing best practices in neuropathologic evaluation, for their impact and effectiveness in advancing the field.
Based on this evaluation, determine the best course of action to enhance the acquisition and distribution of post-mortem LBD tissue, including central and peripheral tissue, and corresponding clinical data.
Develop best practices for patient outreach and education to emphasize the importance of brain donation, as well as the means for providing logistical support and resources to facilitate brain donations.
- Research Implementation Area
- AD Related Dementias - Specific
- In Progress
- RFA-NS-17-016: Leveraging Existing Resources for Research on Lewy Body Dementia (R03)
- RFA-NS-18-015: Structural Biology of Alzheimer's Disease Related Dementias (ADRDs) Proteinopathies (U01)
- RFA-NS-19-013: Lewy Body Dementia Center Without Walls (CWOW) (U54)
- PAS-19-210: Progression Markers for Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson's Disease Dementia (R01)
- PAR-19-170: Progression Markers for Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson's Disease Dementia (R01)
- RFA-NS-20-014: Peripheral Pathology in the Lewy Body Dementias
- NOT-NS-21-001: Notice of Special Interest: Administrative Supplements for Connecting Pre-mortem Clinical Information with Post-Mortem Brain Analysis
Research Programs and Resources
- NIH NeuroBioBank
- Parkinson’s Disease Biomarkers Program Consortium Meeting
- NINDS PDBP Data Management Resource (DMR)
- International Lewy Body Dementia Conference