Expand existing large scale, open-science molecular profiling efforts by:
- Increasing the bandwidth for the generation and analysis of high-quality molecular data (genetics and epigenetics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, lipidomics, glycomics, exposome, etc.) from human tissues and cell lines.
- Investing in the development of methods for multi-scale modeling across -omics data-types.
- Ensuring that diverse cohorts and special populations are included and prioritized in these efforts.
Provide supplemental funding to at least 6 existing projects/programs that are generating high-dimensional on human aging cohorts to close key molecular data gaps, including molecular profiling for post-translational modification, methods development for multi-scale modeling, and inclusion of samples from diverse cohorts and special populations.
Ensure that existing and newly funding projects continue to operate under open science principles.
- Research Implementation Area
- Population Studies and Precision Medicine
- RFA-AG-13-013: Interdisciplinary Approach to Identification and Validation of Novel Therapeutic Targets for Alzheimer's Disease (R01)
- RFA-AG-15-010: Interdisciplinary Research to Understand the Vascular Contributions to Alzheimer's Disease (R01)
- RFA-AG-15-011: Biomarkers of Alzheimer’s Disease in Down Syndrome (R01)
- RFA-AG-17-061: Interdisciplinary Research to Understand the Complex Biology of Resilience to Alzheimer’s Disease Risk (R01)
- RFA-AG-18-013: Continuation of the AMP AD Target Discovery and Preclinical Validation Consortium
- RFA-AG-18-014: Limited Competition: Data Coordinating Center for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership Target Discovery and Preclinical Validation Consortium AMP AD (U24)
Research Programs and Resources
- Alzheimer’s Biomarkers Consortium- Down Syndrome (ABC-DS)
- Alzheimer’s Disease Sequencing Project (ADSP)
- AMP AD – Target Discovery and Preclinical Validation
- Genome Center for Alzheimer’s Disease (GCAD)
- Molecular Mechanisms of the Vascular Etiology of Alzheimer's Disease (M²OVE-AD) Consortium
- NIA Genetics of Alzheimer’s Disease Data Storage Site (NIAGADS)