Population Studies: Pollution and climate change (Milestone 1.R)
Timeline Start - End2024 - 2025
Research Implementation AreaPopulation Studies and Precision Medicine
Support the research on the role of pollution and climate change on dementia risk.
- Initiate at least one research program aimed at understanding the timing aspect and the mechanisms by which pollution, climate change and their interplay influence dementia risks.
- Embed measurements of pollution in at least three (3) longitudinal cohort studies with uniform and regular dementia evaluations.
Summary of Key Accomplishments
This milestone has yet to be initiated. Accomplishments are forthcoming.
The key accomplishments summary is current as of July 2022.
- NOT-ES-22-006: Climate Change and Health
- NOT-ES-22-009: Innovative Technologies for Research on Climate Change and Human Health Small Business Technology Transfer (R41/R42 Clinical Trial Optional)
- NOT-ES-22-010: Innovative Technologies for Research on Climate Change and Human Health (R43/R44 Small Business Innovation Research (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Optional)
- NOT-AG-22-022: Administrative Supplements to Support Research Infrastructure on Exposome Studies in Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and AD-Related Dementias (ADRD)