ADRD Specific Milestone
Build new animal models to advance knowledge about TDP-43 pathology in common dementias, capitalizing on lessons learned from animal models in FTLD/ALS, AD and other diseases.
- Develop, validate and make available to the broader scientific community two or more novel animal models that exhibit TDP-43 pathology aligned with the affected anatomical sites and functional changes that occur in common dementias such as the clinical syndrome of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Research Implementation Area
- Translational Tools, Infrastructure and Capabilities
- In Progress
- PAR-19-167: Development and Validation of Advanced Mammalian Models for Alzheimer's Disease-Related Dementias (ADRD) (R61/R33)
- RFA-NS-20-005: Mechanistic Basis of TDP-43-dependent Pathobiology in Common Dementias (R01)
Research Programs and Resources
- Development and Validation of Advanced Mammalian Models for Alzheimer's Disease-Related Dementias (ADRD) (R61/R33)