Support the development of genome-scale metabolic models to capture the heterogeneity of metabolic transitions from healthy to pathologic brain aging and use the metabolome as a functional readout for other omics data to delineate pathways implicated in disease initiation and progression and to identify disease subtypes.
Provide support for:
- generation of high-quality, targeted and non-targeted metabolomic profiling data across diverse, human cohorts (spanning midlife through extreme old age) for which genetic and rich clinical data are available.
- development of analytical methods needed to integrate metabolomic data with genetic, molecular imaging and other clinical data
- development of open-source, genome-scale, metabolic models for use in target validation and disease sub-classification.
- Research Implementation Area
- Translational Tools, Infrastructure and Capabilities
- In Progress
- RFA-AG-17-054: Enhancing the Target and Biomarker Discovery Efforts of the AMP-AD and M2OVE-AD Consortia (R01)
Research Programs and Resources
- Molecular Mechanisms of the Vascular Etiology of Alzheimer's Disease (M²OVE-AD) Consortium
- Enhancing the Target and Biomarker Discovery Efforts of the AMP-AD and M2OVE-AD Consortia