Support the development of standardized, cost-effective, high throughput methods to isolate neural and glial cells for “omics” profiling and drug-screening.
Create a repository of fully characterized, quality controlled, and fully sequenced reference iPSC lines accessible to the wide research community that can serve as:
A standard control for healthy genotypes and for generating edited-isogenic lines carrying specific AD risk variants.
A source of cell lines from individuals from diverse cohorts with AD-related phenotypes and specific naturally occurring mutations/risk alleles.
A resource to test and provide reference data on protocols to generate all CNS cell types.
- Research Implementation Area
- Translational Tools, Infrastructure and Capabilities
- In Progress
- RFA-AG-14-012: Human Cell Reprogramming for Functional Genetics of Alzheimer’s Disease (R01)
- RFA-AG-17-009: Impact of Aging in Human Cell Models of Alzheimer’s Disease (R01)
- PAR-18-516: Human Cell Biology of Alzheimer's Disease Genetic Variants (R01)
- RFA-AG-12-008: Human Cell Reprogramming for Aging and Alzheimer's Disease Research (R21)
- RFA-AG-21-005: Limited Competition: National Centralized Repository for Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias (NCRAD) (U24)
Research Programs and Resources
- Examples of Funded Projects
- National Centralized Repository for Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias (NCRAD)
- NIA Human Cell Reprogramming for Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease Research RFA Grantee Meeting