Expand biorepository infrastructure to enable storage and rapid distribution of clinical data and biosamples collected from diverse populations for deep molecular phenotyping. These resources should include biorepositories for samples and clinical data from ongoing clinical trials to support multiomic data generation.
Provide support for storage and rapid distribution of biosamples from relevant NIH-funded clinical research studies to ensure that biosamples generated from federally-funded research can be maintained and made available to all qualified researchers after the funding cycle ends.
Develop standard consenting language, simplified data and material transfer agreements, and support data and sample sharing platforms to ensure the rapid, widespread, appropriate, and productive use of data and samples.
- Research Implementation Area
- Translational Tools, Infrastructure and Capabilities
- In Progress
- RFA-AG-15-011: Biomarkers of Alzheimer’s Disease in Down Syndrome (R01)
- RFA-AG-17-005: Alzheimer's Clinical Trials Consortium (ACTC) (U24)
Research Programs and Resources
- AMP-AD Biomarkers Project
- Alzheimer's Biomarkers Consortium — Down Syndrome (ABC-DS)
- National Centralized Repository for Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias (NCRAD)
- Alzheimer’s Clinical Trials Consortium (ACTC)
- National Alzheimer’s Coordinating Center (NACC)
- NACC Biospecimen Resource Locator Tool and Tissue Location Request Form