ADRD Specific Milestone
Generate an AD/ADRD Health Disparities Task Force that is specifically designed to provide guidance and expertise for community engagement, study design, recruitment and retention into sites to ensure recruitment of diverse populations into newly generated epidemiological studies and clinical trials.
- Establish an AD/ADRD Health Disparities Task Force that consists of various stakeholders and experts with a specific focus on community engagement, recruitment and retention of diverse populations in epidemiological studies and clinical trials.
- The purpose of the AD/ADRD Health Disparities Task Force is to refine and disseminate guidelines for increasing diverse participation in AD/ADRD clinical research and best practices for community partnership and outreach among specific disparities populations. Such guidelines should address logistical barriers (e.g., transportation, and cultural issues), and should suggest how to identify and leverage local initiatives, institutions, agencies, and other organizations focused on health outcomes in disparities populations.
- Research Implementation Area
- Public Private Partnerships
Research Programs and Resources
- NIA National Strategy for Recruitment and Participation in Alzheimer's and Related Dementias Research
- NIA Health Disparities Research Framework