ADRD Specific Milestone
Form research, clinical practice and public stakeholder dementia nomenclature working groups.
- Establish high level working groups of stakeholders to begin discussions that will lead to draft recommendations to develop, refine and clarify dementia nomenclature for research (Research Working Group), clinical practice (Clinical Practice Working Group) and the public (Public Stakeholders Working Group).
- Convene the first in person meeting of each working group within 6 months of its establishment. Each working group is to report its recommendations to the NAPA Council within 1 year of establishment.
- Research Implementation Area
- AD Related Dementias - Specific
- In Progress
Research Programs and Resources
- Elevated to National Plan: 2016 Update; Appendix 2, Rec 4
- Elevated to National Plan: 2017 Update; Appendix 2, Rec 4
- Research Summit on Dementia Care: Terminology Issues
- ADRD Summit 2019 Nomenclature Session
- Dementia Nomenclature Initiative