Alter institutional practices that impede team science and data sharing in academia by:
- defining and quantifying team science activities as new metrics of scientific contribution for career advancement.
- implementing pilot programs to test new incentive structures that promote and reward collaborative research and data sharing efforts.
- showcasing existing open science programs.
Convene a meeting with administrators from academic institutions (Deans, Chancellors, Department Chairs), representatives from NIH and other funding agencies, journals and public advocates to develop recommendations for alternative recognition and attribution methods that would foster large-scale team science and increase the transparency and reproducibility of federally-funded research.
- Research Implementation Area
- Public Private Partnerships
- To Be Initiated