Dementia Care and Impact of Disease Milestones
Research on Care and Caregiver Support
- Care & Caregiving: Meeting to establish a research agenda (Milestone 13.A)
Convene an exploratory expert meeting to delineate and prioritize an interdisciplinary research agenda focused on assessing the impact of informal and formal caregiving...
- Care & Caregiving: Impact of caregiving measures (Milestone 13.B)
Launch research programs to develop and validate assessments of the psychological, financial, and physical health impact of caregiving.
- Care & Caregiving: Caregiving data infrastructure (Milestone 13.C)
Establish data infrastructure for the study of dementia caregiving.
- Care & Caregiving: Secondary data analysis (Milestone 13.D)
Support secondary analysis of data from population based and intervention studies with appropriate content related to informal and formal caregiving.
- Care & Caregiving: Partner with community organizations to support a research agenda (Milestone 13.E)
Partner with community organizations to support a research agenda that will lead to the development of a national framework for dementia caregiver support in the community.
- Care & Caregiving: Comparative effectiveness research (Milestone 13.F)
Partner with insurers (including CMS) to conduct comparative effectiveness research to determine which existing evidence-based interventions to reduce burden in caregivers are effective...
- Care & Caregiving: Palliative care research networks (Milestone 13.G)
Leverage existing palliative care research networks to develop and advance interventions for palliative and hospice care of persons with advanced dementia and their families.
- Care & Caregiving: Intervention development and dissemination (Milestone 13.H)
Create research programs to evaluate novel and innovative dissemination and implementation methods...
- Care & Caregiving: Technology-based dementia assessment and care (Milestone 13.I)
Support research on technology-based dementia assessment, care and management.
- Care & Caregiving: Dementia care workforce (Milestone 13.J)
Expand research on the care workforce and supply of skilled labor. Identify the barriers to entry, challenges of retention, and causes and effects of turnover.
- Care & Caregiving: Dementia-friendly communities (Milestone 13.K)
Expand research leading to understanding of effectiveness and impacts of non-residential and residential care of PWD...
- Multiple Etiology Dementia: Implementation research for dementia care (Milestone 13.L)
Conducting implementation research on proven dementia care programs
- Health Equity: Research on disparities in health care access (Milestone 13.M)
Increase policy-relevant research on disparities in access to care
- Care & Caregiving: Health care access, use, quality disparities (Milestone 13.N)
Support a social and behavioral research program to elucidate the mechanisms or sources of disparities in health care access, utilization, or quality of care for persons living with AD/ADRD and their
- Care & Caregiving: Care integration (Milestone 13.O)
Support a research program that focuses on the integration of long-term services and supports (LTSS), home-based care, and medical care.
- Care & Caregiving: Policy and payment models (Milestone 13.P)
Support a research program to address the impact of policy and payment models and insurance on persons living with dementia.
- Care & Caregiving: Dementia care-related data infrastructure for clinical trials (Milestone 13.Q)
Support the development of AD/ADRD data and clinical infrastructure and harmonization processes that allow for the integration of health care, formal and informal caregiving, and other care-related
- Care & Caregiving: Care partner ethics (Milestone 13.R)
Support a research program on the ethical implications of inclusion of the care partner in the care team for the person living with AD/ADRD.