Support secondary analysis of data from population based and intervention studies with appropriate content related to informal and formal caregiving.
- Identify predictors of high-risk caregivers.
- Identify economic impact of informal caregiving on families and societies.
- Conduct cross-national comparative research.
- Identify potential buffers and predictors of healthy caregivers and positive caregiving outcomes for care recipients.
- Identify at least one novel association, target, pathway, or intervention target or approach through use of the database.
- Support research that addresses population disparities in impacts of caregiving.
- Research Implementation Area
- Research on Care and Caregiver Support
- In Progress
- PAR-15-351: Research on Informal and Formal Caregiving for Alzheimer's Disease (R21)
- PAR-18-596: Research on Current Topics in Alzheimer's Disease and Its Related Dementias (R01)
- NOT-AG-18-001: Disparities in Quality and Access to Dementia Care
- RFA-AG-20-037: Dementia Care: Home- and Community-Based Services (HCBS) (R01)
- RFA-AG-20-038: Dementia Care: Home- and Community-Based Services (HCBS) (R21)
- PAS-19-391: Small Research Grant Program for the Next Generation of Researchers in AD/ADRD Research: Area of Focus Archiving and Leveraging Existing Data Sets for Analyses
- RFA-AG-20-002: Centers on the Demography and Economics of Alzheimer's Disease and Alzheimer's Related Dementias (P30) supports center programs that conduct pilot research and produce research resources to support social research on AD/ADRD
- RFA-AG-20-033: NIA Behavioral and Social Research LEaders in Alzheimers Disease and Its Related Dementias (NIA BSR LEADR DP1)
Research Programs and Resources
- Estimating the Future Availability of Family Care for Alzheimer’s Disease in the US
- Transitions to Family Caregiving and its Impact on Health Indicators