Launch research programs to develop and validate assessments of the psychological, financial, and physical health impact of caregiving.
Identification and validation of assessments suitable for use in a range of research contexts including observational and interventional studies and large population-based surveys.
Identification and validation of at least one sensitive and robust measure for the detection of the earliest manifestations of caregiving burden and for monitoring its long-term consequences.
Identify and validate at least one improved and cost-effective model of care that includes research on caregiver outcomes following the cessation of caregiving role.
- Research Implementation Area
- Research on Care and Caregiver Support
- In Progress
- PAR-18-027: Research on Informal and Formal Caregiving for Alzheimer's Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (Reissue of PAR-15-348)
- PAR-18-179: Research on Informal and Formal Caregiving for Alzheimer's Disease (R21 Clinical Trial Optional) (Re-issue of PAR-15-351)
- PAR-19-070 Research on Current Topics in Alzheimer's Disease and Its Related Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- PAR-19-071 Research on Current Topics in Alzheimer's Disease and Its Related Dementias (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- NOT-AG-18-057: Behavioral and Social Science Priority Areas in Dementia Caregiver Research”, as a high-priority topic of interest
- RFA-AG-20-03: NIA Behavioral and Social Research LEaders in Alzheimer's Disease and Its Related Dementias (NIA BSR LEADR DP1)
- RFA-AG-20-002: Centers on the Demography and Economics of Alzheimer's Disease and Alzheimer's Related Dementias (P30)
- RFA-AG-20-001: Centers on the Demography and Economics of Aging (P30 Clinical Trial Optional) (P30)
- RFA-AG-20-006: Interpersonal Processes in Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias Clinical Interactions and Care Partnerships
Research Programs and Resources
- The Cost of Dementia
- Improving Dementia Caregiver Sleep and the Effect on Heart Disease Biomarkers
- Research on Informal and Formal Caregiving for Alzheimer's Disease (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- Research on Informal and Formal Caregiving for Alzheimer's Disease (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Systematic Review: Care Interventions for People Living With Dementia and Their Caregivers
- Decadal Commissioned Paper by Pei-Jung Lin: Commissioned Paper on AD/ADRD Health Economics and Public Policy (Paper can be found in Meeting Materials section of meeting website)
- Innovating the Next Generation of Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease Care Interventions: Addressing the needs of caregivers, care providers, and persons living with dementia, 2017
- National Research Summit on Care, Services and Supports for Persons with Dementia and Their Caregivers