ADRD Specific Milestone
LBD biomarker development.
- Evaluate existing LBD biomarker efforts, including systematic assessments of their impact on identifying pre-dementia LBD and prodromal or at-risk for LBD patients.
- Informed by this evaluation, develop new biomarkers for LBD in both model systems and in humans, and in a diversity of tissues including in the periphery.
- Validate at least one biomarker in multi-site large scale trials.
- Incorporate at least one new LBD biomarker into studies designed to diagnose prodromal LBD.
- Research Implementation Area
- AD Related Dementias - Specific
- In Progress
- RFA-NS-16-022: Biomarkers for the Lewy Body Dementias (U01)
- RFA-NS-17-016: Leveraging Existing Resources for Research on Lewy Body Dementia (R03
- PAR-19-170: Progression Markers for Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson's Disease Dementia (R01)
- RFA-NS-19-014: Center without Walls for PET Ligand Development for Alzheimer's disease related dementias (ADRDs) (U19)
- RFA-NS-20-014: Peripheral Pathology in the Lewy Body Dementias
- NOT-NS-21-001: Notice of Special Interest: Administrative Supplements for Connecting Pre-mortem Clinical Information with Post-Mortem Brain Analysis
Research Programs and Resources
- Progression Markers for Cognitive Impairment in Parkinson's Disease Dementia (R01)
- Center without Walls for PET Ligand Development for Alzheimer's disease related dementias (ADRDs) (U19)
- NINDS Parkinson’s Disease Biomarkers Program (PDBP)
- NIH NeuroBioBank
- NINDS BioSEND
- NINDS Human Cell and Data Repository (NHCDR)