Initiate studies to link peripheral blood-based molecular signatures and central imaging and CSF biomarkers.
Identification of 3 peripheral blood-based molecular signatures that have a high correlation with central imaging and/or CSF biomarkers.
- Research Implementation Area
- PAR-15-359: Novel Approaches to Diagnosing Alzheimer's Disease & Predicting Progression (R01)
- PAR-17-054: Leveraging Existing Cohort Studies to Clarify Risk and Protective Factors for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias (R01)
- RFA-AG-15-010: Interdisciplinary Research to Understand the Vascular Contributions to Alzheimer's Disease (R01)
- RFA-AG-15-011: Biomarkers of Alzheimer’s Disease in Down Syndrome (R01)
- RFA-AG-18-013: Continuation of the AMP AD Target Discovery and Preclinical Validation Consortium
Research Programs and Resources
- Alzheimer’s Biomarkers Consortium – Down Syndrome (ABC-DS)
- Molecular Mechanisms of the Vascular Etiology of Alzheimer's Disease (M²OVE-AD) Consortium
- FNIH Biomarkers Consortium Launches a Project to Select Blood Tests that Detect Early Alzheimer's Disease