Initiate studies to develop minimally invasive biomarkers for detection of cerebral amyloidosis, AD and AD-related dementias pathophysiology.
- Development and testing of at least 3 biomarkers that utilize biofluids or other minimally invasive imaging, electrophysiological recording, or other methodologies to assess the burden of AD and ADRD pathophysiology that could be used in community based and epidemiological studies of AD and related dementias.
- Research Implementation Area
- In Progress
- PAR-15-359: Novel Approaches to Diagnosing Alzheimer's Disease & Predicting Progression (R01)
- PAR-17-054: Leveraging Existing Cohort Studies to Clarify Risk and Protective Factors for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias (R01)
- RFA-AG-15-010: Interdisciplinary Research to Understand the Vascular Contributions to Alzheimer's Disease (R01)
- RFA-AG-15-011: Biomarkers of Alzheimer’s Disease in Down Syndrome (R01)
- RFA-AG-18-013: Continuation of the AMP-AD Target Discovery and Preclinical Validation Consortium
- NOT-AG-18-019: Notice to Extend the Expiration Date for PAR-15-359 (re-issue of PAR-15-359)
Research Programs and Resources
- Alzheimer’s Biomarkers Consortium – Down Syndrome (ABC-DS)
- Molecular Mechanisms of the Vascular Etiology of Alzheimer's Disease (M²OVE-AD) Consortium
- Neurodegeneration In Aging Down Syndrome (NiAD): A Longitudinal Study Of Cognition And Biomarkers of Alzheimer's Disease