Initiate development of imaging and/or fluid biomarkers to demonstrate target engagement for 5 novel therapeutic targets for AD and AD-related dementias.
- Identification of 3 imaging and/or fluid biomarkers for which there is proof of engagement of novel therapeutic targets.
- Research Implementation Area
- In Progress
- PAR-15-359: Novel Approaches to Diagnosing Alzheimer's Disease & Predicting Progression (R01)
- PAR-16-266: Development and Application of PET and SPECT Imaging Ligands as Biomarkers for Drug Discovery and for Pathophysiological Studies of CNS Disorders (R01)
- NOT-AG-18-019: Notice to Extend the Expiration Date for PAR-15-359 (re-issue of PAR-15-359)
- PAR-19-070: Research on Current Topics in Alzheimer's Disease and Its Related Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial Optional) (Reissue of PAR-15-359)
Research Programs and Resources
- Neuro-PET Radiotracer Discovery for Imaging Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3
- Longitudinal Molecular Imaging of Neuropathology and Serotonin in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- In Vivo MRI Biomarkers of Microstructural Correlates of Brain Pathology in Preclinical and Early Alzheimer’s Disease
- Assessing Brain Microstructure in AD with Advanced Diffusion MRI
- CSF Clearance in Sporadic Alzheimer’s Disease
- The Longitudinal Course of Imaging Biomarkers in People at Risk of AD
- PREDICT-ADFTD: Multimodal Imaging Prediction of AD/FTD and Differential Diagnosis