Develop and validate translatable biomarkers for their use in preclinical and clinical drug development. These efforts should include the development of pharmacodynamic biomarkers of target engagement, biomarkers of incipient disease (ocular, olfactory) and biomarkers for detection and tracking of synaptic dysfunction.
- Develop and validate at least 12 translatable biomarkers for use in preclinical and clinical drug development.
- Research Implementation Area
- In Progress
- PAR-15-359: Novel Approaches to Diagnosing Alzheimer's Disease & Predicting Progression (R01)
- RFA-AG-16-014: Alzheimer's Disease Translational Center for Disease Model Resources (U54)
- PAR-18-519: Sensory and Motor System Changes as Predictors of Preclinical Alzheimer’s Disease (R01)
- PAR-18-596: Research on Current Topics in Alzheimer's Disease and Its Related Dementias (R01)
- NOT-AG-18-001 (#3): in vivo Synaptic Function in Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias
Research Programs and Resources
- Model Organism Development & Evaluation for Late-Onset Alzheimer’s Disease (MODEL-AD)
- Discovery of Novel Proteomic Targets in Alzheimer’s Disease
- The IU/JAX Alzheimer’s Disease Precision Models Center: Metabolomics