Continue to develop standard outcome measures to enable data comparisons across studies, including but not limited to cognitive functioning and physical function and ensure that these measures are validated across a variety of educational, linguistic, and cultural groups.
Develop criteria and methods for screening, testing, and validating new technologies for disease monitoring.
Launch at least one large longitudinal study evaluating the validity of standard outcome measures across three or more diverse groups. The study should be sufficiently powered to enable the validation of each of the outcome measures within each of the diverse groups.
- Research Implementation Area
- Enabling Technologies and Disease Monitoring
- In Progress
- PAR-15-356: Major Opportunities for Research in Epidemiology of Alzheimer’s Disease and Cognitive Resilience (R01)
- RFA-AG-15-015: Enhancing Cross-National Research within the Health and Retirement Study Family Studies (R01)
- RFA-AG-18-005: The Health and Retirement Study (U01)
- RFA-NS-17-012: Detecting Cognitive Impairment, Including Dementia, in Primary Care and Other Everyday Clinical Settings for the General Public and in Health Disparities Populations
- RFA-AG-19-016: High-Priority Behavioral and Social Research Networks in Alzheimer's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease Related Dementias
- PA-18-588: Assistive Technology for Persons with Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias and Their Caregivers
- PA-18-185: Development of Socially-Assistive Robots (SARs) to Engage Persons with Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and AD-Related Dementias
- NSF-18-541: Smart and Connected Health (SCH):Connecting Data, People and Systems
Research Programs and Resources
- Harmonized Cognitive Assessment Platform (HCAP)
- Health Retirement Study: Harmonized Cognitive Assessment Protocol
- Mexican Health and Aging Study
- Harmonized Diagnostic Assessment of Dementia (DAD) for Longitudinal Aging Study of India
- Harmonized Cognitive and Dementia Assessment in China
- English Longitudinal Study of Aging (ELSA)
- Survey of Health, Aging and Retirement in Europe (SHARE)
- High-Priority Behavioral and Social Research Networks in Alzheimer's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease Related Dementias
- Research Network for the Harmonized Cognitive Assessment Protocol (HCAP)