Aging in Place with Dementia: A Workshop
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) and the National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM) Committee on Population (CPOP) and the Board on Behavioral, Cognitive, and Sensory Sciences (BBCSS) convened a three-day virtual workshop that discussed the state of knowledge and identified conceptual approaches to guide research on aging in place for people living with dementia in the United States. The workshop emphasized community- and neighborhood-level factors that enable aging in place.
Topics discussed included:
- Frameworks for Aging in Place with Dementia
- Community-Level Built Environment and Infrastructure
- Evaluating Successful Aging in Place with Dementia
- Social Services and Other Support Environments
- Social Isolation and Engagement
- Research Implications of Community-Based Interventions and Policies
The recording, meeting materials, and agenda are available on the NASEM website.