Attention savvy scientists: Get a look at NIA’s first cleared research concepts of 2023
NIA’s first 2023 National Advisory Council on Aging (NACA) meeting generated a new set of cleared research concepts with the potential to become future funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) or contract solicitations. While we can never guarantee that a particular concept will evolve into an initiative, many scientists know that our past track record shows most eventually do appear in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts or SAM.gov. Cleared concepts are a reliable resource for savvy research teams seeking to plan ahead on research directions and possible sources of funding.
The January concepts
Following are our latest concepts; please be sure to click through for more information, including our program officer contacts. If you spot a topic of scientific interest, start thinking about a potential application and share the concept with your colleagues.
- Analytical and Clinical Validation of Biomarkers for Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias (AD/ADRD)
- Artificial Intelligence in Pre-Clinical Drug Development for AD/ADRD
- Behavioral and Social Research on the Role of Immigration on Life Course Health and Aging, Including AD/ADRD
- Building Neuroscience Research Infrastructure for AD/ADRD in Africa
- Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) Approaches to AD/ADRD
- Clonal Hematopoiesis in Aging Humans: Detection, Risk Factors, Relationships to Aging-Related Pathophysiology and Conditions, and Clinical Utility in Screening and Prognosis
- Consortium for Payment, Utilization, and Access for Dementia Care
- Development and Validation of Harmonized Methodologies to Measure NAD+ and Related Metabolite Levels in Clinical Trials
- Elucidating Variability of Physiologic and Functional Responses to Exercise Training in Older Adults
- Enhancing Use of Harmonized Cognitive Assessment Protocol (HCAP) Data
- Leveraging Social Networks to Promote Widespread Individual Behavior Change
- Measures of Financial Hardship Among People and Families Living With AD/ADRD
- National Health and Aging Trends and National Study of Caregiving Joint Renewal
- Networks to Develop Behavioral and Social Science Research in Aging and AD/ADRD
- Neuronal and Non-neuronal Mechanisms Underlying Gait as a Preclinical Marker for AD/ADRD
- Seamless Early-Stage Clinical Drug Development (Phase 1 to 2a) for Novel Therapeutic Agents for AD/ADRD
- Small Research Grant Program for the Next Generation of Researchers in AD/ADRD Research
Approved contract concepts in this round:
Reach out to us
As you comb through the latest concepts, don’t hesitate to connect with the relevant program contacts with any questions. We are excited for the potential of aging science in 2023 and wish you good luck in preparing for future funding possibilities!