Unveiling NIA’s first 2022 cleared concepts for potential future funding opportunities
NIA’s first 2022 National Advisory Council on Aging (NACA) meeting sparked a new set of cleared research concepts that have the potential to become future funding opportunities. While we cannot absolutely ensure that a particular concept will evolve in that direction, past data suggests that most eventually do appear in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts or FedBizOpps. If you and your research team are looking for insights to help you plan ahead, this is your official heads-up!
The envelope please
Below are NIA’s latest concepts; please be sure to click through for more information, including the program officer contacts:
- Broadening the Scope and Reach of NIA’s Resource Centers for Minority Aging Research (RCMAR) Program
- Demonstration Projects to Promote Use of Interoperable Health Records in Clinical Research in Older Adults
- Measures and Methods for Research on Family Caregivers for People Living with AD/ADRD
- More Mobile Monitoring of Cognitive Change, Continued (M3C3)
- Neuronal Vulnerability to Proteinopathies in Alzheimer’s Disease and Alzheimer’s Disease Related Dementias
- NIA AD/ADRD SBIR/STTR Reissue: Advancing Research on AD/ADRD
- Optimization and Personalization of Diagnostic Tests for AD/ADRD in Older Adults with Multiple Chronic Conditions
- Policy and AD/ADRD Healthcare Disparities: Access, Utilization, and Quality
- Precision Medicine Approaches in Addressing AD/ADRD Minority Health and Disparities
- Understanding the Supply of Professional Dementia Care Providers and Their Decisions
If you spot your area of scientific interest, we encourage you to share the concept with your team and start planning for a possible future application.
We’re happy to help
As you peruse these possibilities, don’t hesitate to connect with the program contacts listed at the end of each concept description if you have questions. We are eager to continue building scientific momentum throughout 2022 and beyond and wish you good fortune as you plan ahead for future possibilities!