Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Displaying 1 - 10 of 42 resources.
- The BrightFocus Foundation’s Clinical Trials Finder asks a series of questions to help users find an appropriate Alzheimer’s disease clinical trial. The foundation has also developed a brochure, “Clinical Trials: Your Questions Answered.” BrightFocus funds scientific research worldwide related to Alzheimer’s disease. “Turning Point” is a documentary (2.5 hours, 2017) that provides an inside look at the doctors, scientists and patients who are working to uncover the mysteries of Alzheimer’s...
- “Conversando con los Cuidadores” is a series of nine short videos that offer practical advice from real people who care for family members with dementia.
- This annual lecture series on healthy brain aging and prevention is presented by the University of California, Davis Alzheimer's Disease Center (ADC).
- This audiovisual novella presents the story of a Mexican family that is struggling to figure out what is wrong when their patriarch starts to forget things.
- This 3-minute video features Dan Gasby, who with his wife, the celebrity B. (Barbara) Smith, has advocated for greater public awareness of the disease and for participation in clinical trials. Smith was diagnosed with early Alzheimer’s disease in 2014.
- "Curing Alzheimer's: Clinical Trials Are the Key" is a 24-page guide, available in English and Spanish, that provides information on clinical trials, Alzheimer's disease, and participating in Alzheimer's disease research. An English-language video also provides information to prospective trial participants.
- A 2-minute video features Dr. Griffin P. Rodgers, director of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), as he explains the importance of participating in clinical trials.
- Through videos and in-person sessions, this program encourages community members to obtain insight into what it’s like to live with dementia and to turn that understanding into action.
- This 12-minute video, entitled "GAPS," addresses the challenges presented by Alzheimer’s disease in Asian American communities.
- This 5-minute video encourages the participation of Native Americans and Alaska Natives in Alzheimer’s disease clinical trials.