Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Displaying 1 - 10 of 163 resources.
- This article describes how considering cultural factors can improve the care and recruitment of people with dementia from underrepresented minority groups.
- In this review article, researchers summarize the importance of caring behaviors in the recruitment of older African Americans with chronic illness.
- This article explores why and how to incorporate critical race theory into dementia caregiver recruitment efforts.
- This resource summarizes the results from focus groups with African American older adults in which they discuss their beliefs about participation in clinical research.
- In this article, researchers examine the effectiveness of a community-based strategy to recruit participants for a dementia study.
- This article examines how race and ethnic background impacts sources of recruitment and eligibility for an Alzheimer’s preclinical trial.
- In this study, researchers examined the perspectives of Asian American and Pacific Islanders regarding their participation in a research recruitment registry.
- These three videos are recordings from the “Racism and Its Implications in Clinical Research” workshop hosted by the University of Pittsburgh Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center.
- Resources from the Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center to help inform and recruit American Indian veterans into clinical trials.
- This review article from NIA provides strategies to increase awareness and participation of Hispanics/Latinos in AD/ADRD clinical research studies.