Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Displaying 1 - 10 of 185 resources.
Design Considerations for Embedded Pragmatic Clinical Trials of Advance Care Planning Interventions for Persons Living With DementiaThis review article presents a framework for advance care planning clinical trials that are embedded into existing health care.
U.S. Adults' Likelihood to Participate in Dementia Prevention Drug Trials: Results from the National Poll on Healthy AgingThis study identifies characteristics of U.S. adults that are associated with the self-reported likelihood to participate in dementia-prevention clinical trials.
- This resource describes trends in recruitment over a 20-year period of NIH-funded Alzheimer’s clinical trials.
- This article describes how caring behaviors by recruiters impact recruitment in African American and Non-Latinx White older adults.
Developing the 'Good Life' Model: The Recruitment and Training of 'Dementia Ambassadors' to Provide a Novel Coaching Approach for Family CaregiversThis resource describes a support program in which dementia caregivers are matched Dementia Ambassadors trained to educate caregivers and provide appropriate referrals.
Attitudes About Involvement in Hypothetical Clinical Trial Protocols in Mexican and Mexican-American at Risk for Autosomal Dominant Alzheimer's DiseaseThis article examines barriers and facilitators to the clinical trial recruitment of Mexican and Mexican American people at risk for autosomal dominant Alzheimer’s disease.
- This article provides a framework for planning disclosure and consent procedures for research studies involving participants with dementia.
Addressing the Disparities in Dementia Risk, Early Detection and Care in Latino Populations: Highlights From the Second Latinos & Alzheimer’s SymposiumThis resource summarizes key insights from the second annual Latinos & Alzheimer’s Symposium.
- This resource describes the most effective strategies to increase research participation among older African Americans, based on an analysis of peer-review studies.
- This article examines barriers and facilitators to brain donation in a group of Latino adults.