Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Hispanic or Latino
Displaying 1 - 10 of 51 resources.
- This review article from NIA provides strategies to increase awareness and participation of Hispanics/Latinos in AD/ADRD clinical research studies.
- This Spanish video encourages people to have memory testing if they are having any difficulties remembering.
- This video discusses the importance of healthy volunteer participation in Alzheimer’s disease research.
- A research article from the Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center helps researchers learn about their participants and procedures to better advance the science of Alzheimer’s and related dementias in Latinxs.
- This Spanish language video from the Shiley-Marcos Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center covers the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and the need to include the Latino community in clinical research.
- These resources, posted by the UCSF Memory and Aging Center, include FAQs and guidance for older adults, social distancing compliant activities, tips for dementia caregivers, and services to help access food, incontinence supplies, and pharmacy needs.
- This customizable flyer is designed for community agencies to share critical information about COVID-19, including why older adults and people with chronic conditions are at higher risk, symptoms of COVID-19, what to do if someone gets sick, and ways to spot and avoid COVID-19 scams. Designed to be easy to distribute, for example during wellness checks, the two-sided flyer is also customizable so agencies can add their logo and contact information to the back page.
- This webpage provides guidance for caregiving during COVID-19. Information includes facts about COVID-19, handwashing and sanitizing, cleaning the home, self-care, social distancing, home engagement opportunities and managing medical care. A similar resource was posted by several Alzheimer’s Disease Research Centers (ADRCs) to communicate with research participants and the ADRC’s community members.
- The Shiley-Marcos Alzheimer's Disease Research Center published a list of tips, resources, and services for adults with dementia and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic. Topics include caregiving, mental health considerations, communication tips, community and emergency resources, and activity ideas. Some resources are available in English and Spanish. For Spanish speakers, resources include a guide to caregiving during COVID-19 and general protocols to avoid spreading the disease, as...
- Research participants who intend to donate their brains to a study on Alzheimer’s and related diseases are reliant on family members to fulfill the donation plan. Thus, family members play a pivotal role in increasing brain donation rates, particularly among underrepresented groups. In this study, researchers conducted focus groups with a total of 15 Latino adults who each has a parent age 65 or over. Analysis of the discussions support inclusion of family members during all stages of the...