Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Hispanic or Latino
Displaying 1 - 10 of 55 resources.
- This article examines how race and ethnic background impacts sources of recruitment and eligibility for an Alzheimer’s preclinical trial.
- The Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center has launched a Spanish language website with diverse resources for health care providers, individuals experiencing dementia, and their loved ones.
- These three videos are recordings from the “Racism and Its Implications in Clinical Research” workshop hosted by the University of Pittsburgh Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center.
- This review article from NIA provides strategies to increase awareness and participation of Hispanics/Latinos in AD/ADRD clinical research studies.
- This Spanish video encourages people to have memory testing if they are having any difficulties remembering.
- This video discusses the importance of healthy volunteer participation in Alzheimer’s disease research.
- A research article from the Rush Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center helps researchers learn about their participants and procedures to better advance the science of Alzheimer’s and related dementias in Latinxs.
- This Spanish language video from the Shiley-Marcos Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center covers the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and the need to include the Latino community in clinical research.
- These resources, posted by the UCSF Memory and Aging Center, include FAQs and guidance for older adults, social distancing compliant activities, tips for dementia caregivers, and services to help access food, incontinence supplies, and pharmacy needs.
- This customizable flyer is designed for community agencies to share critical information about COVID-19, including why older adults and people with chronic conditions are at higher risk, symptoms of COVID-19, what to do if someone gets sick, and ways to spot and avoid COVID-19 scams. Designed to be easy to distribute, for example during wellness checks, the two-sided flyer is also customizable so agencies can add their logo and contact information to the back page.