Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Explain Procedures & Results
Displaying 1 - 10 of 68 resources.
- The Duke University and the University of North Carolina ADRC offers two videos that discuss the participant experience during spinal tap and blood draw procedures.
- The Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) offers videos explaining two biomarker procedures.
Design Considerations for Embedded Pragmatic Clinical Trials of Advance Care Planning Interventions for Persons Living With DementiaThis review article presents a framework for advance care planning clinical trials that are embedded into existing health care.
- This article provides a framework for planning disclosure and consent procedures for research studies involving participants with dementia.
- The Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center has created several guidebooks that aim to educate patients and their families on a variety of topics.
- The Cleveland Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center offers information to educate patients and family members about brain donation.
- These resources from the National Institute on Aging are designed to support Alzheimer’s Disease Research Centers in encouraging brain donation via their social media platforms.
- This video explains how participants in LEADS, an NIA-funded study, can choose whether or not to receive genetic results and what these results mean.
- This decision aid from AGREEDementia helps patients with MCI decide whether or not to undergo brain amyloid imaging.
Communicating 5-Year Risk of Alzheimer's Disease Dementia: Development and Evaluation of Materials That Incorporate Multiple Genetic and Biomarker Research ResultsUsing research results, Alzheimer's disease scientists developed materials that communicate information to participants about the risk of developing Alzheimer's.