Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Educate & Raise Awareness
Displaying 1 - 10 of 183 resources.
- This web page of the Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center answers questions about its brain donation program.
- This annual lecture series on healthy brain aging and prevention is presented by the University of California, Davis Alzheimer's Disease Center (ADC).
- Dimensions is a twice-a-year publication of the University of Washington Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC).
- This audiovisual novella presents the story of a Mexican family that is struggling to figure out what is wrong when their patriarch starts to forget things.
- In collaboration with Nuestra Casa, a local community health advocacy organization, the Stanford Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) designed and successfully implemented a dementia awareness campaign in East Palo Alto, CA. The largely Latino community near Stanford had little knowledge of dementia and its consequences. This article describes the community-based participatory research model that was used to create materials and training for 20 promotoras (community outreach workers). The...
- This community engagement program at the University of Florida bridges the gap between health care and health research by providing health education, health screenings, and wellness resources. It also links participants with clinical studies.
- This 12-page guide describes the Mayo Clinic Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center and provides information on Mayo-provided programs and resources focused on mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer’s disease, Lewy body dementia, and frontotemporal degeneration.
- This website provides information on the changing brain, ideas for engaging the brain, and links to resources.
- The University of Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center produces a bimonthly podcast as a means of humanizing Alzheimer’s disease and keeping the community informed of the latest headlines, research studies, and caregiver resources.
- Registry for Remembrance is a community and academic partnership to educate and recruit African Americans for long-term research participation at the Emory Goizueta Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC).