Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Displaying 1 - 10 of 164 resources.
- Dimensions is a twice-a-year publication of the University of Washington Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC).
- This 12-page guide describes the Mayo Clinic Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center and provides information on Mayo-provided programs and resources focused on mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer’s disease, Lewy body dementia, and frontotemporal degeneration.
- Registry for Remembrance is a community and academic partnership to educate and recruit African Americans for long-term research participation at the Emory Goizueta Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC).
- This 20-page handbook is intended as a resource for people who have been diagnosed with memory loss. A shorter version is available in Spanish.
- This 12-page booklet describes Emory University’s Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC) and its current opportunities for clinical trial participation, plus information on its research activities, clinics, educational offerings, and research registries.
- More than 25 plain-language informational brochures in English have been developed to enable and improve communication between clinical research staff and research participants. Most of the brochures are available in an additional 15 languages.
- NIA’s "Clinical Trials and Older Adults" booklet covers the what and why of clinical trials, benefits and risks of participating, and how to find a clinical trial.
- "Why My Grandmother Carried a Plastic Brain in Her Purse" was published April 2018 in The Atlantic . It features Marjorie Pearlson, a 93-year-old woman who is passionate about her decision to donate her brain to science. Ms. Pearlson plans to donate her brain to the University of Miami’s Brain Endowment Bank, one of six brain and tissue biorepositories funded by NIH’s NeuroBioBank .
- "Leaving Your Brain to Science: Don’t Let Myths Dissuade You" describes the Brain Donor Project (which supports the NIH NeuroBioBank ) and presents basic facts about brain donation. The article was published in the October 2018 issue of National Geographic .
- The Shiley-Marcos Alzheimer's Disease Research Center offers memory screening for outreach and recruitment at multiple locations and provides a bilingual flyer with information on screenings.