Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Displaying 1 - 10 of 144 resources.
- The Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center offers an eight-page guide for primary caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease.
- The Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center offers an eight-page handout and presentation on participating in Alzheimer’s disease clinical research.
- This brochure provides an overview of the Alzheimer’s Outreach Program at the University of Pittsburgh Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, which invites African Americans age 60 or older to participate in research as healthy volunteers.
- A one-page flyer from the Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center explains the brain donation process in six simple steps.
- These resources, posted by the UCSF Memory and Aging Center, include FAQs and guidance for older adults, social distancing compliant activities, tips for dementia caregivers, and services to help access food, incontinence supplies, and pharmacy needs.
- This customizable flyer is designed for community agencies to share critical information about COVID-19, including why older adults and people with chronic conditions are at higher risk, symptoms of COVID-19, what to do if someone gets sick, and ways to spot and avoid COVID-19 scams. Designed to be easy to distribute, for example during wellness checks, the two-sided flyer is also customizable so agencies can add their logo and contact information to the back page.
- This webpage provides guidance for caregiving during COVID-19. Information includes facts about COVID-19, handwashing and sanitizing, cleaning the home, self-care, social distancing, home engagement opportunities and managing medical care. A similar resource was posted by several Alzheimer’s Disease Research Centers (ADRCs) to communicate with research participants and the ADRC’s community members.
- This special COVID-19 issue of the "Dementia Connection" newsletter compiled by Mayo Clinic Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center provides links to helpful online resources including tips for caregiving, self-protection, and remaining active, healthy, and safe while staying at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This article developed by the University of Pennsylvania’s Memory Center offers guidelines to Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers for managing daily care at home and coping with anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic. The article includes general tips and anxiety-busting tools, advice on medical care, activity ideas for meaningful engagement, and additional information on COVID-19 and Alzheimer’s disease.
- The BrightFocus Foundation’s Clinical Trials Finder asks a series of questions to help users find an appropriate Alzheimer’s disease clinical trial. The foundation has also developed a brochure, “Clinical Trials: Your Questions Answered.” BrightFocus funds scientific research worldwide related to Alzheimer’s disease. “Turning Point” is a documentary (2.5 hours, 2017) that provides an inside look at the doctors, scientists and patients who are working to uncover the mysteries of Alzheimer’s...