Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Displaying 1 - 10 of 61 resources.
- The Mesulam Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center offers a monthly email newsletter that includes information and resources on dementia.
- This booklet for research participants, patients, caregivers, and families provides information on brain health and Alzheimer's disease.
- The Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center offers an eight-page guide for primary caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s disease.
- This customizable flyer is designed for community agencies to share critical information about COVID-19, including why older adults and people with chronic conditions are at higher risk, symptoms of COVID-19, what to do if someone gets sick, and ways to spot and avoid COVID-19 scams. Designed to be easy to distribute, for example during wellness checks, the two-sided flyer is also customizable so agencies can add their logo and contact information to the back page.
- This webpage provides guidance for caregiving during COVID-19. Information includes facts about COVID-19, handwashing and sanitizing, cleaning the home, self-care, social distancing, home engagement opportunities and managing medical care. A similar resource was posted by several Alzheimer’s Disease Research Centers (ADRCs) to communicate with research participants and the ADRC’s community members.
- The Shiley-Marcos Alzheimer's Disease Research Center published a list of tips, resources, and services for adults with dementia and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic. Topics include caregiving, mental health considerations, communication tips, community and emergency resources, and activity ideas. Some resources are available in English and Spanish. For Spanish speakers, resources include a guide to caregiving during COVID-19 and general protocols to avoid spreading the disease, as...
- This special COVID-19 issue of the "Dementia Connection" newsletter compiled by Mayo Clinic Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center provides links to helpful online resources including tips for caregiving, self-protection, and remaining active, healthy, and safe while staying at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This article developed by the University of Pennsylvania’s Memory Center offers guidelines to Alzheimer’s and dementia caregivers for managing daily care at home and coping with anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic. The article includes general tips and anxiety-busting tools, advice on medical care, activity ideas for meaningful engagement, and additional information on COVID-19 and Alzheimer’s disease.
- “Conversando con los Cuidadores” is a series of nine short videos that offer practical advice from real people who care for family members with dementia.
- The authors analyzed the strategies used to recruit participants at three sites in a large, 15-site dementia study in England. They concluded that successful recruitment of people with dementia and their caregivers requires multiple strategies, close coordination between researchers and clinical service providers, and a detailed understanding of the needs and perspectives of the target population. The authors recommend that large studies should be expected to evaluate and report on their...