Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Care/Legal Planning Documents
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 resources.
- This 40-page guide provides outreach strategies and resources for providers and coalitions to better support African Americans with end-of-life issues. Chapters are: Overview, African American Focus Group Findings, Strategies for Reaching Out to African American Communities, Model Outreach Programs and Initiatives, and Resources for African American Outreach. The guide was produced in 2008 by Caring Connections and the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- This tip sheet includes information on advance care planning for older adults, including developing a will, advance directive, healthcare power of attorney, and more. It also includes resources for older adults to learn more. The information in this tip sheet is also available online on the NIA website.
- This AgePage brochure, available in English and Spanish, discusses the importance of advance care planning for older adults, including identifying and gathering important papers, step-by-step instructions on getting your affairs in order, and resources to learn more. The information in the brochure is also available online on the NIA website in English and Spanish.
- A checklist written in Spanish that provides important steps to take after an Alzheimer's Diagnosis.
- "Steven Steps to Managing Your Memory: What's Normal, What's Not, and What to Do About It" was written by core directors at the Boston University Alzheimer's Disease Center to help older adults understand normal age-related memory changes and when to see a doctor. It presents information on dementia, mild cognitive impairment, and Alzheimer's disease, including current treatments and what the research shows for prevention and brain health. The book also suggests memory aids and provides...