Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
Displaying 1 - 10 of 36 resources.
- A video webinar from New York University Alzheimer's Disease Center about the importance of brain donation.
- The Vanderbilt Memory and Alzheimer's Center offers information about joining research studies and brain and tissue donation.
- This research article describes the Minority Aging Research Study's brain donation challenges, processes, and successful procurement with older African American adults.
- This webpage offers answers to commonly asked questions about brain and brain tissue donation.
- A one-page flyer from the Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center explains the brain donation process in six simple steps.
- This article describes the information-gathering process that led to the creation of two educational resources designed specifically for the Hispanic/Latino population, The Precious Gift Brain Donation Brochure and the Brain Donation Steps Handout. In a review of the National Alzheimer’s Coordination Center’s (NACC) database for June 2005–May 2016, the authors found that people who self-identify as Hispanic/Latino made up only 8 percent of participants enrolled and 3 percent of the deceased...
- This web page of the Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center answers questions about its brain donation program.
- "Why My Grandmother Carried a Plastic Brain in Her Purse" was published April 2018 in The Atlantic. It features Marjorie Pearlson, a 93-year-old woman who is passionate about her decision to donate her brain to science. Ms. Pearlson plans to donate her brain to the University of Miami’s Brain Endowment Bank, one of six brain and tissue biorepositories funded by NIH’s NeuroBioBank.
- "Leaving Your Brain to Science: Don’t Let Myths Dissuade You" describes the Brain Donor Project (which supports the NIH NeuroBioBank) and presents basic facts about brain donation. The article was published in the October 2018 issue of National Geographic.
- A one-page handout from the Stanford Alzheimer's Disease Research Center explains brain donation in simple steps.