Alzheimer's & Dementia Outreach, Recruitment & Engagement Resources
American Indian or Alaska Native
- This booklet helps readers understand more about Alzheimer’s disease and the impact on Native American people.
- This 36-page guide promotes public health strategies to address dementia in American Indian/Alaska Native communities. The strategies fall under three themes: educate and empower community members, collect and use data, and strengthen the workforce.
- The NIH Strategic Plan for Tribal Health Research FY 2019–2023 is designed to improve NIH's relationship and collaborative efforts with American Indian/Alaska Native communities by enhancing communication and collaboration, building research capacity, expanding research, and enhancing cultural competency and community engagement.
- This webpage and 5-minute video encourages the participation of American Indian, Alaska Native, and other indigenous communities in Alzheimer’s disease clinical trials.
- "Dementia Awareness" is a 16-slide presentation from the Stanford Alzheimer's Disease Research Center (ADRC) on the need for partnership with the American Indian community to raise awareness and increase participation in dementia research.
- This report describes the process used to develop the content for culturally relevant health information fact sheets targeted to Indigenous communities.
- This fact sheet is part of a series on dementia published by the Indigenous Cognition & Aging Awareness Research Exchange.
- The fact sheet provides information for healthcare providers on the different ways that age-related dementia is understood by indigenous communities.
- The fact sheet describes the warning signs and symptoms of dementia, and provides a list of resources.
- This one-page diagram provides information on preventing dementia for indigenous peoples.
- The one-page fact sheet describes the progression of dementia from diagnosis to the late stages.
- "Preventing Dementia in Indigenous Peoples by Aging Well: Advice from Older Indigenous Peoples" is a fact sheet that combines a summary of advice from Alzheimer's societies, older indigenous adults, people diagnosed with dementia, caregivers, knowledge keepers, and health care providers w. The fact sheet includes a list of resources and a blank space for local organizations to add their own contact information. It is designed in 8 pages so that it can be printed both on regular printer paper or...
- This documentary features personal testimonies of how Alzheimer’s has affected Native American communities in North Carolina.