Brain Donation FAQs
This webpage of the Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center describes its brain donation program, how brain donation helps Alzheimer's research, and what's involved in an initial exam. It answers common questions, including:
- Is there a cost to participate in the IADC Brain Donation Program?
- What if I don’t have Alzheimer’s disease or another neurodegenerative disease?
- Where will the autopsy be done?
- What happens to the brain?
- Will funeral arrangements be delayed if I donate my brain for medical research?
- Can there be an open casket at the funeral if I choose to be a brain donor?
- What does Indiana law say about autopsy?
- Can I still be an organ donor if I’m a brain donor?
- Can I change my mind?
The page includes a button inviting users to join a clinical trial.