Health disparities and aging—Winter 2014 LINKS: Minority Research & Training now online
The Winter 2014 issue of LINKS: Minority Research and Training is now available!
In the latest issue:
- Learn about NIA’s annual summer institute on aging research, now named the Butler-Williams Scholars Program, and watch video of four 2013 participants reflecting on their interests and experiences
- Find out how to apply for the 2014 Butler-Williams Scholars Program
- Meet Dr. Carl Hill, new Director of NIA’s Office of Special Populations
- Read about the recent NIA Advances in Geroscience summit focusing the interplay between chronic diseases and aging, and watch video from the summit
- Subscribe to the Inside NIA blog and read a recent post from Dr. Marie Bernard about supporting researchers from diverse backgrounds
New to LINKS? The twice-yearly newsletter is part of NIA’s initiative to address health disparities and support scientists representing underserved populations. Subscribing is easy.
Also visit NIA’s Minority Aging and Health Disparities web page, where you’ll find information about the Health Disparities Research Persons Network, training opportunities, and more.