Now hiring: Program Officer in the Office of Strategical Extramural Programs
The Office of Strategic Extramural Programs (OSEP) offers a fast-paced, collegial work environment in support of NIA cross-cutting programs including NIA’s training, career development, fellowship, and small business funding programs. OSEP coordinates these programs across the institute which includes the establishment of new funding opportunities, the coordination and management of existing funding opportunities, and the implementation of new initiatives to facilitate the success of its applicants and awardees.
Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a program officer to:
- Provide entrepreneurial support for aging focused small businesses and academic innovators.
- Develop resources to enable the commercialization of aging-focused technologies and products, including devices, therapeutics, and the digital space, as well as entrepreneurial training and partnering initiatives.
- Create new programs or initiatives and liaison with NIH, investor and other key strategic partners in order to more robustly diversify the research entrepreneurial workforce.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and skills:
- A health-related doctoral degree (e.g., MD, PhD, DSc)
- Excellent written and oral communication, including strong skills in developing presentations virtually and in-person (some travel expected)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of NIH funding mechanisms and grants management
- Ability to work independently, as a team player, and on a number of concurrent projects
How to apply?
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply here by September 27, 2023:
Please feel free to also send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
More About Careers at NIA
View more NIA career opportunities and explore benefits, frequently asked questions, and more.