Now Hiring: Program Officer (Health Scientist Administrator or Medical Officer/Physician), Geriatrics Branch, Division of Geriatrics and Clinical Gerontology
NIA's Division of Geriatrics and Clinical Gerontology (DGCG) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join its Geriatrics Branch as a Program Officer (Health Scientist Administrator or Medical Officer/Physician, GS 13/14/15).
Both senior and more junior individuals with a doctoral degree are encouraged to apply. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Both local and remote options will be considered.
The Geriatrics Branch focuses on translational and clinical research relevant to health issues in older adults. Ongoing research areas needing development include:
- New interventions for age-related conditions
- Effects of age-related changes on clinical or functional disease outcomes
- Improving resiliencies to stressors
- Pain and symptom management
- Elucidating pathologic changes in older age
- Implementation of effective health care strategies in clinical practice settings
Core responsibilities of the position include:
- Oversight of research grants and applications
- Developing initiatives (e.g., Requests for Applications) for new research directions
- Communication and guidance to researchers on research priorities and NIH policies
The position also provides opportunities to collaborate on research projects supported by cooperative agreements and participate in analysis of research findings and authorship of publications related to these projects.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and skills:
- A relevant health-related doctoral degree (e.g., MD, PhD, DSc)
- Skills and experience in the coordination of clinical research projects and/or clinical trials
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, including strong skills in developing presentations and briefing materials
- Working knowledge of NIH funding mechanisms and grants management
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.