Now hiring: Join NIA as a health scientist administrator
The Clinical Gerontology Branch within the Division of Geriatrics and Clinical Gerontology focuses on human aging over the life span. We are seeking a Health Scientist Administrator to develop and administer extramural research to characterize protective factors against age-related conditions and identify therapeutic targets and potential interventions to promote healthy longevity.
Examples of ongoing research areas needing further development are:
- Determinants of factors that affect risk of age-related conditions, particularly multiple age-related conditions
- Predictive markers to assess status of mechanisms affecting aging-related processes in humans, for use in population studies and clinical trials.
- Influence of factors in youth on health across the adult years
- Menopause and mid-life aging changes
- Long-term effects of interventions administered over a large part of the lifespan
- Long-term effects of physical activity throughout the life span
Core responsibilities of this position include:
- Oversight of clinical and translational research grants and grant applications
- Planning and development of research initiatives (e.g., Requests for Applications) to foster new research directions.
- Communication and guidance regarding CGB research priorities and NIH grants-related policies to individual researchers and research organizations.
The position also provides opportunities to collaborate on CGB-supported research projects supported by Cooperative Agreements and participate in analysis of research findings and authorship of publications related to these projects.
Who should apply?
The preferred candidate will possess:
- A relevant health-related doctoral degree (e.g., MD, PhD, DSc)
- Demonstrated independent critical thinking and scientific achievement
- Evidence of initiative and interest in developing research programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
This is a Federal GS 13/14/15 position is located in Montgomery County MD. The GS level will be based upon individual qualifications and professional experience. Salary is commensurate with the candidate's experience and a full package of Civil Series benefits is available, including recruitment, health and life insurance, leave, and savings (401K equivalent).
How to apply?
Contact Chhanda Dutta to learn more about this position and how to apply.
View more NIA career opportunities and explore benefits, frequently asked questions, and more.