NIA Director’s Regional Meeting 2023
NIA will be sponsoring an in-person Director’s Regional Meeting on Nov. 28, 2023, 8:15 a.m.-2:45 p.m. CT at Oklahoma State University (OSU). We invite participants from your institution and departments to our half-day meeting on research and training for individuals new to aging research as well as those underrepresented in aging research.
The program is offered by NIA’s Office of Special Populations, and researchers with an interest in health disparities research are encouraged to attend. Applicants from diverse backgrounds, including individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and women are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.
- Richard Hodes, M.D., NIA director
- Patricia Jones, Dr.P.H., M.P.H., M.S., MBA, director, Office of Special Populations
- Sanoj Suneja, Ph.D., supervisory health scientist administrator, Division of Extramural Activities
- Maria Carranza, Ph.D., program officer, Office of Strategic Extramural Programs
Regional Meeting goals
- Provide information on existing opportunities for research and training.
- Provide hands-on technical assistance in grant writing.
- Solicit advice on the design of new research opportunities.
- Gain strategies for recruiting underrepresented students and investigators to aging research.
Registration for the 2023 NIA Director’s Regional Meeting on Aging Research is now closed.
Access the full meeting agenda.
There will be two breakout sessions on the agenda for participants to ask specific questions related to NIA’s research divisions and programs, training, and small business innovation research and small business technology transfer programs.